View Single Post
Old 2010-12-31, 19:04   Link #223
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hm, you might be right. The only reason I can think of is that it doesn't fit their style. I don't mean the show formula here, but rather the show style and choreography. Some manga for example are very "static" as far as the motion you can see in the panels go. I once heard KyoAni is a kind of "do it for the love of it" studio; assuming that hearsay holds any water it may be they are just not into those kind of shows. You also have to consider that there's probably a lot more to it then it seems -- why haven't other studios picked them up if they are so great? (rhetorical)

Now on the bright side, I'm not sure you can say there's no chance right now for them to pick those shows either. I'm (kind of) expecting Nichijou to be... um, different (to some extent) and thereby break the ice and bad gossip that surrounds the studio. If that happens they should be able to move easier to "other" kind of shows as it were. True, it's not exactly a action anime as you want, but it doesn't sound like it's a otaku anime, or a normal school life anime either. (please correct me if I'm wrong)