View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 17:51   Link #150
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

While I don't really agree with him, it's not like I don't understand Hako's complaints. He pointed out that Seanan McGuire article, which I think makes sense. His complain is probably similar with people complaining too much tsundere or too much moe or too much *insert cliche here*. On that sense, it's also understandable that some people are gritting about Suguha being introduced almost as if for the sake of being a failed love story.

In the world of fiction, there is such a thing as "overused tropes". For example, in the mistery genre, the clue about cigarette butts have become too commonplace that a lot of writer frowns their use, and/or considered "lazy writing" or "easy way out". And then things like "it's all a dream" or "flashes before his/her death", etc etc. The mere usage of these sometimes instantly blocks some people from reading it or giving it instant low scores, regardless of how well it's written. That's the "reality" of the world fiction, regardless of how one think it should be.

Also guys, I know some complaints might get a little too repetitive (often about different people mentioning the same thing, in that case, is it repetitive or valid view point I wonder?) and maybe unreasonable but perhaps you should relent a bit on defending this show. That last banter was almost as if you guys are promoting rape. Also, please don't bring the "realism" card too often. People know how harsh reality is, is it so wrong that they want at least their fiction less as harsh? Does bringing in realism in a story such an instant deal-maker in making good stories? Fact is there are lots of ways to tell good sensible stories without relying too much on these so called "reality" aspect.