View Single Post
Old 2006-05-23, 11:59   Link #91
monir
cho~ kakkoii

If anyone cares, yesterday (May 22) was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's birthday. Rena must have known ahead and payed a tribute to him by playing the role of the detective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
I don't think Oishi stated that Shion went missing after the night of the festival, only that she went missing as stated to Keiichi in the car. I too originally thought he meant that, but after watching the car interrogation scene again, I realize that he said she's missing, with no time noted. The reason I checked was because Oishi saw both Keiichi and Shion (or Mion) at the Library, so that's probably the last time anybody saw her, so it wouldn't make sense for Oishi not to think of that day. I suspect that Shion was reported missing the day after the library meeting (or the day before car interrogation).
I'll definitely rewatch this episode at the first chance I get. This inspector, he must be playing a huge role in this mystery. I mean, it's extraordinary that anyone would involve a kid in a homicide investigation, especially when one of the murderer from the dam incident is possibly still at large! Not to mention, people are regularly dying/missing each year for the past 4 years after the ritual.

Quote:
Memento has a good timeline description on his blog, so you may want to refer to that as an aid.
Thanks. I've been reluctant to seek any aid so far in this series because it has been so much fun guessing. Haven't even read most of the threads other than the episode discussion threads and the poem-thread.

On a random note, as I was reading one of the poems, I thought of a scene from the earlier episode out of no where, when Keiichi's mom was talking to him. Funnily enough, she didn't have a "face." The poem is in the following and the bold part is what triggered the recollection of that scene...

"I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one that put you into the desert."