Thread: Socialization
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-22, 09:23   Link #25
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
I see what you mean, but if communication=socializing as you have implicated, humans tend to walk the easier path without a second thought:that path being communication leads to more effective work translation. On end, to work together means (generally) to communicate.
I don't think communication necessarily equals socializing, though. You wouldn't call typing "/ipconfig" in the command prompt to be socializing. It's possible to give and take orders without actually being social about it, or so it seems to me. If you're only regarding the other person as a machine, I don't think that's really socializing.

It has always seemed like true "socializing" requires some sort of emotional tie-in, one which, for me, seems to be broken in some way or another. Without it, interaction with other people becomes a matter of when it is necessary, or when you're bored and it's readily convenient to converse with the person next to you so you don't fall asleep, not something that you just seek out because you want to.

Quote:
But is usually is. But why is it usually is?
Well, that I wouldn't know. Stuff like that is very confusing for me, and other people usually don't know how to explain it because they've never had to think about it.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote