View Single Post
Old 2009-10-01, 02:17   Link #80
MarthX

How much you enjoy this episode is based on how high your expectations were. If you thought the magic battle would be 8+ minutes long, have amazing animation and be several times better than any other scene in the anime so far, then were crazy to think that way. In the fan video that shows the entire fight, it's 4 minutes long. The scene only lasts as long as it does in the VN because how wordy the descriptions are for everything.

The meta battle had a good length, aside from the music, had the feel it did in the VN with Battler having the upperhand and Beatrice struggling. Good emotion and it's the first time you see Beatrice not in control of the situation. It is depressing that they don't use the right tracks for those scenes but I think people are blowing it out of proportion. Even without the right music, the scene was still good. Calling it boring and such makes me facepalm. The music was the only big problem with the meta world scene. Everything else was good. And knowing the music should have been better is something only a VN reader would know.

The omission of the epitaph discussion is what hurts this episode most. But as I already explained, it was either cutting that or the meta world scene. Time and episode restrictions don't allow for everything. If they made too many slow paced episodes then they would have to rush the good scenes later on like with EP2; They screwed up the pacing by having 2 episodes have a really slow pace. I definitely don't want to see that mistake again.