View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 04:31   Link #100
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post

Liked the dialogue between Stella and Noctis, seen in other trailers that they gotta battle, so curious to see how this male/female relationship develops compared to the other previous FF couples.
This won't be the first time an FF couple have battled each other; VIII also had the couple battling at a point (okay, so Rinoa was being controlled by Adel and you really didn't battle her... )

and just to toss my two cents about an RPG versus a visual novel... the difference lies in what I consider to be the most defining point of the RPG genre: the leveling up. With VNs, there's only button clicking. Also, VNs tend to have multiple routes; RPGs are either Game Over or eventually beat the game, or in some newer games, Good End or Bad End (okay, so the last two are present in VNs as well). But putting hours upon hours of time into leveling your party up to take on upcoming foes and eventually the Final Boss, plus dictating every party member's actions (whether indirectly or directly) is what I consider to be the defining point of an RPG. I have to agree with Demongod86 about the classes... in fact, as I'm working through XII, that is what drives me crazy with the license board. I'm far too used to one character being your swordsman/woman, another being your white mage/healer, you have a gunslinger, etc.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote