View Single Post
Old 2012-09-28, 11:53   Link #57
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Of course maybe it would have ended up being cancelled even if Maruyuma had stayed but either way if someone established like Watanabe is struggling to get his project greenlit I wouldn't really say there's "nothing stopping these projects from being produced"

Maruyuma isn't going to be around forever either,I hope there's someone to take over his vision once he retires.
Okay but I think you are missing my point. Maruyama founded Madhouse, it was his vision (not a studio) that was probably instrumental in getting these special projects green lit.

Maruyama leaving Madhouse is not stopping projects from being greenlit. Maruyama even started a new studio, I assume to make the projects he wants that he couldn't at Madhouse anymore.

I can see how perhaps some projects might have been dropped in the transition (and that might have happened with Watanabe's project) but if Maruyama is the one who produced these type of series and Maruyama is still producing anime, we can presume he still at least wants to produce these types of series/films. Now whether Maruyama will be around forever (and who will take his place) or will his new studio even have the finances to do this is another discussion I think separate from the changes at Madhouse.

You might even say that Mappa is just a new division of Madhouse. Maybe not officially, but at least it feels that way to me. I would also argue that the changes at Madhouse are not stopping these type of series from being produced, it's a much larger monetary issue overall.

edit: Also Hosoda started a new studio to produce his own films. Who is to say in the future he might not support new directors/animators. Perhaps not at the same scale but he might be able to do something like this with the money he earns from his films.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-09-28 at 12:12.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote