View Single Post
Old 2007-01-13, 05:51   Link #533
Kageitenshi
Meep meep, I'm a creep

Send a message via ICQ to Kageitenshi Send a message via MSN to Kageitenshi
Was watching Ouvertüre again for clues for a more exact date, Big Ben was finished in 1859, but the kind of clothing seen on Sarah suggests that the events take place circa 1895 give or take a couple years. Though other women's clothing doesn't exactly match any Victorian era style. Likewise the horse carriages seen are at least based on 4-seater Brougham design that came on market around 1890. The London taxi on the other hand at that time was using 2-wheeled carriages, so called cabriolets - or cabs and the newer two-wheeled Hansom, so Sarah's family is likely to have a private carriage, since the 4-wheeled cab at the time was a much larger "growler".

Well, historical accuracy set aside, it always makes me laugh to see just how cute the dolls are when they're scared around cats and crows in the drama CD. The pained look on Shinku's face and how she tries to act composed after the cat leaves is gold. Kanaria just shivers and flees at first opportunity every time. Funny how only Hinaichigo got over her neko-phobia after she got a ride to the mailbox by the friendly neighbourhood cat and she's generally considered the most childish of the dolls. Nothing beats desu's alligator plushie incidents though.

BTW, failed to find any info on whether or not there's going to be any special edition for seasons 1 and 2 if even licensed yet? Would most certainly like to be the proud owner of such
Edit: Oh great, waking up too early has made me blind altogether, missed the entire notion on the Deluxe pack

Last edited by Kageitenshi; 2007-01-13 at 09:29.
Kageitenshi is offline   Reply With Quote