View Single Post
Old 2022-01-16, 17:41   Link #25
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I wanted to wait until the official translation came out before responding. Well here it is:

Quote:
Gorousei 1: "No... That's impossible!! That fruit is only a legend now, even to us. It has not awakened for centuries upon centuries."

Gorousei 2: "Then why would the World Government bother to give that one specific devil fruit another name?! Its to erase that fruit's name from the annals of history, isn't it?!"
Coupled with that and the """"evidence"""" provided in this thread, I'm now even more certain that the Gorousei are NOT talking about the Gomu Gomu no Mi. I've underlined the part that cements it in my eyes.

I perfectly understand the issues with Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi being super special in some way; I'm hesitant on what Oda will do with that plot thread as well. But there's still no explicit confirmation on what it could be and the possibilities are still open and wide enough for it not to be an issue YET.

None of this is a reason to go full doomer mode. The """evidence""" provided in this thread is frankly laughable. ALL of Luffy's abilities including the gears and resistance to lightning can be explained by the fact that he's a rubber man.

What if its awakening is the thing that makes the fruit special and gives it a different name? It would be the most inconsistent thing in the entire series. The awakening for a paramecia has to be built from the base ability.

Last edited by OH&S; 2022-01-16 at 18:44.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote