View Single Post
Old 2009-03-18, 17:26   Link #86
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Ultimately, I liked this episode, but the developments were too many and came too fast for my liking. For about the last third of it, I was in "o_O I must not have heard that right...what!?" mode, which I don't like to be in. They did too much in this episode, that's all there is to it. I don't know how the books handled it, but...yeah.

I mean, I read some poster commenting on the maturity of their relationship and all that, and while there's some of that (and the pairing makes a lot of sense), I have a hard time digesting the fact that the story went from Taiga running away from her feelings to "This is my wife!" in 24 minutes. There has to have been some way to make this feel more natural and less insane. Yeah, they're eloping, but the whole thing, from Taiga to Minorin to Ami to Yasuko to them running away...it just went too fast for my tastes. It feels like this should have been at least two episodes, just to space it out a little.

That said, all in all, the (HUGE) pacing issues put aside, I enjoyed the episode. I'm interested in seeing how this all wraps up next week, but this episode is only getting an eight out of me.