View Single Post
Old 2010-07-16, 13:02   Link #11
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelidoscopes View Post
I agree. It's a little complicated to explain. In real movies, I can't feel the attachment to characters as I do in anime. Movies are compressed into a 2 - 3 hour slot and anime can be 4 seasons+ , so you have more time to get attached to the characters. Anime also has a "shock value?" that I don't get when I watch movies. If I compared the deaths of anime characters to the deaths in actual movies, anime would take the cake. I would have to say that anime is indeed better than real movies, at least for me.
I agree + few more points:

a) A move require actors to represent characters. So... there could be some characters in a movie that I really like and their character developments are perfect. But then the actor turned out to be a real asshole in real life and you can't stop hating him. Or if the next movie he play may not be as good, then the image of a cool character is forever lost

b) The movie can use advertisement, or famous actors, or famous director to attract audiences. And even with a crappy storyline, can still sell like hot cake. While in anime, seiyuu and director name play smaller role.

c) The liberalism view of anime where everyone can turn out to be good characters (and sometime adorable beyond belief). From death reaper, witch, monsters, samurai ghost to red-white miko. They can shoot sparks at each other in one moment and join tea party in the next... and no one will find it strange