View Single Post
Old 2011-01-17, 12:20   Link #3090
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I knew someone was bound to pick my joke apart lol

I just wanted to make a jestful parallel between the end cover-up stories for both Melancholy and Disappearance with typical "it was all a dream" type scenario's, where everything conviently reverts back to their original status quo or where ground-breaking events are rendered rather moot.

In Melancholy:
What? You saw the world in the process of being recreated? Nah man, it was all just a dream. I mean we still here ain't we?
In Disappearance:
What? You saw and lived in a different world to ours for a few days? Nah man, you just bumped your head and fell down some stairs, you were probably dreaming it all up in your coma.
I think kenny was just trying to dispel the notion that those dreams were "a lazy cop out". The "dreams" are crucial pillars for the story, and are much more than a lazy plot direction. "And in the end, Kyon was just having a bad dream" is a horrifying way to end the story, but in Haruhi's dreams, the world better be praying.

But I get your joke. Shit, Kyon dreaming within his dreams? Reminds me of a certain movie out there...
wistfulloner is offline   Reply With Quote