View Single Post
Old 2008-03-27, 19:15   Link #1094
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
I may or may not regret this but...

arkhangelsk...I have a question for ya.

Why in the world are you trying to turn this into something that could happen in real life?
How about, because the more a world can be rationalized into our well known real world, the more we can make predictions about it.

Quote:
So why go through all the trouble, and headache, when the discussion is only going to escalate into another shouting match, in which someone will eventually have to call up another ceasefire?
I must wonder then what is the purpose of this thread. Do you realize that BJs are not only this thread's latest topic, but also its first major topic? Look at the front of the thread, and see people bring in real life analogies and trying to rationalize it in physics. But when I come in, everything disintegrates into "Its magic". Is it because I discover unpleasant truths?

Or is it because I actually go all the way? If I don't want to analyze, I won't even get in (note the paucity of me in this thread early on). But if I'm to analyze, I do it seriously and give as little quarter as I can.