View Single Post
Old 2012-04-29, 22:09   Link #28637
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
I 'unno - it just seems, after reading all this cis/trans/non-binary stuff, it seems, like, potentially problematic the way some folks seem intent to put down Yasu's issues to brain damage and smashed-junk, 'cause it's not really necessary to arrive at the character we've been presented with, and in fact kinda complicates things. Especially because we tend to conflate anatomy and gender (kinda understandably), even though that correlation doesn't work for everyone, INCLUDING people with very typical anatomy. Yasu could've been born an XX girl with a totally functional uterus and ovaries and still have drama, and I can see why that might be compounded by sheer virtue of hitting puberty in 1980.
Well, undoubtely Yasu had other issues beyond whatever injury he/she may have sustained but it was Yasu who talked of a 'wound' so I'll say that the wound only added to all the issues Yasu might have been having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendust View Post
Couldn't it be that Beatrice slipped when trying to talk to Ange? That she did not fully remember the red truth and slipped up? For example that she was trying to convince Ange and tried to use the red truth but slipped up?
It doesn't look like it but there's no way to prove one theory or the other.
However Maria likely thought Sakutaro was done by her mother and told so to Beato. I don't know if back there Beato has any chance to discover that Sakutaro wasn't handmade by Rosa (who, considering her work, likely could have made a toy like Sakutaro without too many problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendust View Post
Perhaps Claire be the closest thing that we will get to a combination of the three? Although I am not sure if Kanon's defining traits are anger. If anything it is pessimism and self-sacrifice.
Possibly. There's also that in Kanon but the sharpest contrast between Kanon and Shannon is that Kanon hates/feel anger while Shannon can't feel it. It's like as if somewhat Kanon inherited Yasu's darkest emotions and feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
That was actually never confirmed, but I agree, being female would make more sense. After all, Genji was afraid Kinzo might make the same mistake again, and I don't think he would imagine Kinzo raping his son. Then again, there's no guarantee whatsoever.
While it's true that Kinzo might be capable of everything I think Genji would have been a lot less scared Kinzo might jump on Yasu if Yasu was a male since Kinzo has a history of being interested into females.

There's also the fact that Will suggested Shannon was said to be 3 years younger than they were because this would disguise her from being recognized.
If they changed her sex I think this would disguise enough...
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote