Thread: The Last Story
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-01, 07:52   Link #9
Armored Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Lost Odyssey was decent, It's just people expected production values similar to Final Fantasy. With a bit more polish, you could've called it a Final Fantasy and people would eat it up. It's still one of the stronger next gen J-rpg's.
Lost Odyssey was good at most. The game was simple just like a SNES game in HD graphics. Even some SNES games had better much better battle systems and better level design. The story was good and so were the graphics although the game had some issues with UE 3.0 engine. The game's budget was high but the game itself lacked production value and could have been more polished. Sakaguchi alone can't do anything as good as Final Fantasy without the highly experienced developers at Square Enix. You couldn't have called FF even with more polish. The game simply needed much more than that to reach that level and it is not even close to FF. Many people praised the game because of the fact that this generation lacks JRPG. The best things were probably the dreams and the soundtrack which was composed by Nobuo Uematsu even though it wasn't as good as any of FF games.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game. But I wouldn't give more than 7.5/10 as a professional score coming from some who have been playing JRPG for years.
Armored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote