Thread: Licensed Brave10
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-11, 18:30   Link #61
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Just looking at the bishounen character designs...yeah I am pretty sure this is aimed at a female audience. Actually I would be surprised if it wasn't.

But what does it matter? I am a woman and I have no problem watching series aimed at a male audience so if you are a guy and are enjoying a series aimed at a female audience I don't see any need to justify why you like it.

What's important is the story and characters appeal to you not the target audience. A good story can be aimed at any target audience. In fact in the end I find target audiences meaningless.
Actually I wouldn't actually say that. This show is sufficiently aimed at the male demographic just not the "otaku" demographic. This is a shounen show plain and simple. Something of a lost art in Japanese anime outside of Shoenen jump animes and the obvious merchandising ones. Bishounen are still very popular amongst young males as shown in most Japanese action games, and the female in this is most certainly not the usual female avatar shown in most shoujo's and is clearly supposed to appeal to men. Only until we reach the point of several men on one girl with the girl choosing would we really reach that point.

I wouldn't even say this reached the likes of reborn status yet (you know shounens with very obvious female fanservice) until we get some very obvious yaoi undertones.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote