View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 00:40   Link #42
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Familiar of Zero

So, another of my most memorable series finally ended, and after watching the finalé it left me with that familiar feeling of nostalgia and void. Moreso, because Zero no Tsukaima has ended for good, particularly that the Light Novels reached their conclusion first.

The episode overall worked for the emotional aspect that between Louise and Saito they expressed their feelings of love towards each other without inhibitions and being transparent at not hiding anything from each other.

I can't believe it was just the start of summer about six years ago when I first tuned to Zero no Tsukaima, watching at the very start Louise messing up her spell and summoning Saito into her world in front of everyone.
Spoiler:

The relationship matured in great millions from how Saito was literally whipped and forced to wash Louise's laundry at the beginning of season one up to becoming her only man and marrying her at the end of this final season.

He met with Louise's classmates, the Teachers of the Academy, Queen Henrietta, Julio, Tiffania, many allies, and formidable foes along the course of the story spanned in four seasons of worthy anime.

But, I do digress at how the story for this fourth season handled things with the climax and the conclusion:
Spoiler:

Other things to complain were that the Gunson siblings were added just to temporary foes to Louise and Saito. When Josef was alive they put a good fight, but with Josef dying very sooner they quickly fade and only to return as were mercenaries on paid.

There were a few little details that bothered with this episode, but I do praise the series overall due to its soundtrack which never ceases to mesmerize my senses, and I see that the opening for the second season is like the mascot theme for the whole franchise because the last two seasons have played different variations of the second opening, and it was played more prominently in Louise & Saito's wedding.

Moreover, I believe it was a nice touch, and one which I prayed for the most ever since Saito returned two times to his world in the previous episode and the epilogue to the finalé.
Spoiler: