Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 22:55   Link #567
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah this thread is kind of getting special now. I'm not quite sure what exactly in this episode struck such a nerve that people are getting violent reactions to perceived BL, but I'm just looking forward to seeing what gets held against it next cause I honestly can't even guess.

I don't even think it's anything the show did poorly in particular so much as every season there seems to be one show that just gets every kind of accusation and criticism from angles I would never suspect hurled against it really early and typically continually throughout it's run and it always seem to be the same kind of show. Something with a Shonen action vibe, big budget, equal shares of male and female fanservice (though did this really have all that much?), kind of effeminate male lead that doesn't appear to be immediately on top of his game from the get go, universe that choses to exhibit world and setting rather than character building early on, large cast...these particular elements either in whole or part just seem to be absolute poison when it comes to getting constructive criticism let alone a good reception out of the gate nowadays.
What shows follow this formula recently? I think not much besides this one no?

It's not the ep that is the problem.....it's the viewer...You think, even if the story by good fortune, turns out to be excellent such baseless criticism will go away? They're not even criticizing what's in the show.....Do you even see any blatant shounen-ai going on?