Thread: Licensed Saraiya Goyou
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-22, 22:43   Link #60
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I blame Funi for blocking me from watching it.
Haha. Strangely enough, I'm blocked too. This show is pretty damn scarce.

Managed to catch episode 2 somehow though.

I like the OP. Incomprehensibly untranslated though it is, I somehow get the impression that it does suit the show that follows it.

As for the show itself. I'm pretty neutral on the character designs. Wouldn't really say I like them or dislike them. The backgrounds and other details are pretty impressive though. This show is certainly high tier for this season visually.

Episode 1 ended on a weird note. Masa instinctively rejected the kidnapping group based on moral reasons. That rejection extends into episode 2. Yet he chases after Yaichi on the bridge, implicating that Okinu's description of their origins made him understand them. Moral rejection of a criminal group of kidnappers? Fascination with the dubious man clearly in charge of it? The author is a woman, right? :P

In episode 2, Ume quickly becomes the least interesting character--secretly in love with Otake, impotently angry and possessive because of it. Masa himself is weakly blown around by nearly everything. Yaichi notes Masa got drawn in without him even having to do anything; is what's interesting about Masa his weakness, his malleability? Not that I'm calling Yaichi unoriginal or anything, but he's a character type I recognize.

Matsu is the character I enjoyed most about episode 2. Not for the minor revelation that he is, in fact, the fifth member. Moreso for his impassivity. Despite Ume's advantage in build, Matsu is the more solid personality for sure.

Anyway. This is manglobe, and besides that the show's yaoi-authoress mangaka clearly knows what she's doing. Frankly though, as a guy, I prefer yuri for my gender-equal character dramas. I'll keep watching this because I know it's good, but I don't think I'll be gushing over it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote