View Single Post
Old 2010-09-30, 17:47   Link #27324
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
So... offering to the thread.

Writing style's a bit disjointed this time around, and I apologize if it doesn't flow as well as my usual stuff does; I just needed to vent. We found out late last night that a kid on campus had committed suicide, and over the course of today I've learned details about the whole affair that makes me furious and sick to my stomach. I needed to let the feelings out somehow, hence this short.

Also, for some reason I wrote from Yuuno's POV. I don't really know why, it just flowed out that way.

Lyrics at the beginning are from "Skeptics And True Believers" by The Academy Is. Might not be fitting, but those particular words got stuck in my head for this piece, so I plugged them in.

Spoiler for Beyond Understanding:

EDIT: Pageclaim for Clementi, who deserved far better than what he got.
I...I think I'm going to cry, this brought up feelings i thought were dead. It really puts things in perspective. How well can one truly know another human being? I feel really bad for the poor kid, what could have driven them to that? Tthat's it I'm definitly going to cry, this brings up personal memories (a natural death not suicide, but just as sudden), the hollow empty feeling you get when you hear the news, and then the crying (i didn't attend school for three days), and the regret that you didn't spend more time with them, that you didn't bond more, that you weren't there to say good bye. But I digress, i like the way it's written since it conveys Yuuno's feelings really well, you can just see the scene, a bright happy day for everyone else and yet a time of deepest mourning for those involved. The constant nagging feeling "maybe i could have done something. Why didn't i see it coming."

Oddly It's true what they say time heals all wounds, i find i'm able to talk about it now when i never could. Thank you for allowing me to realise that.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote