Thread: Licensed Akame ga kill [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 20:00   Link #1984
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's still the valid government, and from his perspective, he is hunting terrorists and murderers. What did Wave do to warrant anything other than lawful good?

I didn't mention Esdese at all. We know from her backstory how she got as warped as she is now, but she's not merely a cruel killer, but she's shown as being genuinely caring for her subordinates. She's not "just" evil.

Right, you only see them shishkebob people or backstabbing them with needles.

If you seriously see a major qualitative difference between NR and Esdese's Jaegers, and can clearly distinguish between "Good" and "Bad", I'm afraid that you have a decidedly different impression of what this entire story is about than I do.
It's valid only as long as it maintains the laws otherwise it's just a tyranny.

I don't care how good she is to her subordinates, that's just self interest It's how she treats her enemies that define whether she's good or evil.

So now you're equating assassination which Night Raid does and the torture which Esdese does?

Yes, there's a difference, Night Raid knows that what they are doing are wrong and they have accepted the burden of their sins unlike the majority of the Jaegers with the exception of Bors. I'm still ambivalent on Wave though as he has yet to encounter a situation that makes him question himself.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote