View Single Post
Old 2013-08-06, 18:39   Link #276
T-6000

Yesterday I decided to give this game a try on a friend's Steam Account. And honestly......I don't see what all the hubub is all about with this title. The first thing I noticed is that the sound and feel of most of the weapons are....well.....pitiful. They feel more like I'm firing pellet guns rather than actual small arms. This is especially true with some of the Assault rifles, and I especially cringed with the sound of the AK47 in the game (in which I wonder why they don't have the Russians also use the AK74M, or even the AN-94 and AEK?). This weekend my brother and I fired off out AK47 (yep, I'm a gun collector. And I assure you that I am not racist, homophobic, and trigger happy. Hell, I advocate Dialogue more than going into straight up fights) and the gun is alot louder than how it sounds in MW3. And it has a bit more of a kick as well. I know I'll be stroking the feathers the wrong way by comparing both games, but I've got to nevertheless bring up this point. In Battlefield 3, I love how the weapons look, feel, sound, and handle. They feel like actual guns, and they sound quite loud. They actually feel threatening, especially when your character gets hit by a bullet. The loud sounds of the gun makes me want to take cover more when I fight against enemy forces (well, hat and I take damage. )

Also a good portion of the levels feel dull and uninspiring, and I only enjoy going through a few levels (the first level has a bit of an epic feel to it, though). The level "Turbulence" was one of the silliest levels I played through in any FPS in years. But back with the weapons, at least there's more of a variety of small arms this time around and they have various attachments. The Crysis series did spoil me a bit by allowing me to place on various attachments at any moment, where I had to scrounge for weapons with my ideal attachment in the game. And incorporating the Hybrid sight was a nice touch.

All in all, I think I'll pick this up once it hits $10 or less on Steam. The game, overall, just feels so bland and generic. And I'm now more hesitant than ever to pick up the upcoming COD Ghosts (despite being a sucker for post apocalyptic settings). For the life of me, I don't know how MW3 sold millions. But I guess that's just me.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote