View Single Post
Old 2013-02-26, 08:01   Link #87
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The issue is that it is random. You can try for dozens of times with perfect runs and still fail.

You think it was easy because you got it early, but good luck getting it a second time. The issue is that there is no trick to it; you could only pray that you got lucky. And luck based on top of skill based is simply too excessive.

If they had at least kept the balloons and birds at fixed locations, we could keep practising until we get it right. To randomise it is just trying to torture the player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Lightning Bolt was more tedious than hard, and there were a few spots and tricks that could make it somewhat easier. The chocobo on the other hand is very random with very erratic controls. I really think you just got extremely lucky to have cleared the Chocobo in a few tries.
I didn't say it was hard. Tedious, very.
it was really frustrating. I remember... I think I had 150+ dodges, only to get hit by the next lightining simply because I sneezed. I forgot to hit the pause button and had to do it all over again. I think it took me at least 2 hours to get it. 2 hours without encounters
I remeber I got tired with Thunder Plains' theme then lol

oh and there was this one time, when I was dodging lightning and I accidentally talked to the guy that summons Dark Ixion. Boy, that was such a bad run.

ah yeah, I still remember that run fairly well. Balloons were almost in a single line and whenever a bird is coming and I go sideways, there was a balloon to cope up the time I wasted for dodging. So yeah, you guys could say I was pretty lucky then

EDIT:
speaking about mini-games. I remember that jump rope mini game on IX. getting 1000 jumps is hard
and that chocobo hunting thing, searching for Zidane's Ultima Weapon was pretty frustrating too

good times

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote