View Single Post
Old 2007-06-13, 22:12   Link #495
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
In D.C.S.S. I still don't understand why everyone couldn't just come out and tell Aisia what happened two years ago with the sakura tree--if Aisia had known, I don't think she would have been as quick to do what she did. Sakura especially should have told her, as it was a perfect example of what Sakura was trying to say about magic sometimes being dangerous. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a fun conversation for Sakura, but it would have been much better than what happened instead.
Well, they did try to explain it to her (Sakura especially), but the problem was that Aisia still wouldn't accept it because she thought it was unfair that the other girls (and mostly that she) couldn't have their/her feelings reciprocated as well. It's not like Nemu did anything in the second season to "deserve him" (in fact, people who complain about her attitude in the second season, that Kotori was more deserving/nicer, etc. etc. sort of miss the fact that all that was exactly the point - Kotori "deserved him", but he just didn't love her, hence...). Aisia thought that, basically, she could fix what Sakura couldn't and "do it right" this time. Of course, all that was because Aisia was being childish, and most of the point of the second season was demonstrating how the other characters -- especially Kotori, Sakura, and eventually Aisia -- came to terms with the truth, even though it was, in fact, "unfair". It's not so much that they thought Aisia needed to get burned to know the stove was hot, but more like (as with most parents and children) she wouldn't listen anyway.

As I said way back in the day, and it's worth repeating, a lot of the viewers would do well to learn (and apply) the same lesson that Aisia did. Then they'd "get" the show (and not be so bitter).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote