Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-02, 23:27   Link #7926
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Challenge accepted, when and where, what are your terms?

@ teru, thats incorrect, its usually unicum over-confidence that brings the team down in pubbies. mainly its those big bang clans that are supposedly unicum and their the first to die on some occasions.
Unicum players aren't invincible. No player has a 100% survival rate, even the best players make bad bets. Sometimes "stupid" deaths is the raindrop that starts the flood going. It really depends.

24hour survival rate at 60.5% with a 65% winrate. Slowly bringing up my survival rate

EDIT: There's a difference between seeing the map tactically and strategically. Most players see the map tactically - the screen in front of them. They see what is happening now and soon. Unicum players tend to play like chess players - they see 3, 4, 10 steps ahead. What looks like a stupid move now can be a brilliant strategic play. I don't mean offense when I say this, but sometimes things that look stupid in the short term may end up being the winning move in the long term, and that's usually what separates good players from unicum players. Most unicum players don't have faster reflexes or have more accurate aim than you or I, and their tanks don't drive any faster or reload any faster than you can make yours. But what makes them that good is their consistency at being at the right place at the right time.

Of course every player including unicums derp and die stupidly occasionally. But *most* good players tend to be consistently ,well, good in the long run.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote