View Single Post
Old 2006-12-15, 18:40   Link #361
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Quite frankly I don't see how this cost you a good argument ...
If that exploding bunshin is indeed a water-bunshin based jutsu, Kakashi knowing that jutsu in advance would also mean he should be familiar with that jutsu. That usually means, in Kakashi's case, he would be able to do it as long as he is capable of doing it. That is a likely scenario. And, if a person knows water-bunshin in that way, I think it is safe to assume that he would be aware of the normal water-bunshin before he has met Zabuza.

Quote:
so I will explain my point further : The difficulty, the commonly use, even the number of opponents Kakashi might have faced using this jutsu are completely irrelevant.
When I said your point isn't about logic I didn't mean you were illogical. I meant it's just not about that. Your point is about likeliness.
You find likely that Kakashi had to fight someone using this jutsu, that it's likely he was in a situation where he could copy it and thus that Zabuza was wrong. Which funny enough means the presentation of the Sharingan as the copy jutsu eyes was a fight without jutsu copied.
If you remember the chapter, the specific illustration about Sharingan copying (although that may not be the case, even if it is unlikely but still possible) was used for the second water jutsu, the water dragon, I guess. The water-bunshin is excluded from that, and we only have the assumption of Zabuza that doesn't seem to rely on an observation unlike the water dragon part. Even if you can argue about the copying of the second water jutsu, I think the first one does not have a support at the second one's level.

Quote:
My point is very simple : likeliness doesn't hold water in front of explaination.
You know what? The jutsu Naruto learned in a night isn't the Kage Bunshin, it's the Tayuu Kage Bunshin. It's an A-rank jutsu, ie above Jounin level. That's right the very first jutsu Naruto ever learned correctly whereas the guy can't even pronounce "shape manipulation" correctly and at the time didn't even know what was chakra was a forbidden A rank jutsu. Oh he also beat easily a rogue Chuunin.
This is not likely to happen. If realism was even remotely part of the story Naruto would have died during chapter 1.
I haven't read the scrolls so I don't know about the details of Tajuu Kage Bunshin. But, I guess, logically, we should assume that the basics related to kage bunshin would also be explained in that scroll. And, I think what Naruto accomplished in his training with the scroll when he was alone, was a regular Kage Bunshin, rather than Tajuu Kage Bunshin. But, these are just assumptions, but for me likely assumptions. And, I gave Kage Bunshin example mainly because I don't think its training would require a lot of effort in achieving success, unlike the training with Rasengan. By effort I mainly refer to the effort not requiring the direct/indirect help of Kyuubi (as healing or additional chakra).

Quote:
This isn't reality, this is a manga.
You don't find likely that Kakashi's copying ability is presented with a jutsu that you think is commonly used and thus should have been copied during the last dozen years by Kakashi.
Well that's tough, put that on the pile of unrealistic events that happen all the time.

Still for the sake of arguing my subsidiary point is also about the degree of likeliness of this event.
And the fact is that you have no idea how much Ninja able to use this jutsu (which was stated by Kisame as a jutsu specifically from the Mist village if I remember well) Kakashi have faced. You don't know how much of those have used it. And you don't know if Kakashi was looking at them if they did use it.
These 3 points are just assumptions.
You arg that if Kakashi could copy a A-ranked jutsu like the water dragon thingy in the past it's unlikely he couldn't copy a C-rank jutsu.
Well no. That just depends of who he fought, period. Zabuza used it alot since he specialized in this jutsu but not everyone does.
It is not only Zabuza who used it, Kisame also used it. Considering its rank, the less amount of chakra it requires in using it, make it a more fitting choice for many ninja. Still, that is a generalization, but I think it is logical for people who can use water elemental. The examples that we have seen so far would tell that the water jutsu Kakashi used from his memory would mean he had fought against at least one good opponent, and all the good opponents that use water from mist used that water clone technique. I think those can be counted as good supportive arguments. I am not claiming what I said is true. I am only claiming that there is a possibility of becoming true without contradicting the story.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote