View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 18:50   Link #14
Goggen

Well, I guess we know now how being made to drop her chuuni negatively affects Rikka. She has lost her identity and her own will. She's like a robot now, saying and doing anything and everything she thinks the "normal" people around her expect of her, while denying herself her own wishes and ideals. Seeing the usually spirited and energetic Rikka so utterly empty of joy now is just really sad.

Now, I know people are gonna be jumping on the Yuuta hate-wagon, but in his defense - he's obviously not happy about the situation. He didn't want this. He's just someone in a difficult position, trying to handle it as best he can. His own feeling is, and always was, to let Rikka be Rikka - it's just that Touka finally wore him down with her viewpoint. He did what he thought was right based on what Touka told him. He was wrong, but being wrong doesn't make you a bad person.

Only thing I didn't like about this episode on first viewing was the drama with Dekomori halfway through (right before the eyecatch), though I did appreciate getting to see Shinka's caring side. I just thought Deko's crying was too much melodrama for the sake of melodrama, but I think I was wrong about that in retrospect after having seen the rest of the episode and now understanding where they were going with it. I'll probably feel very different about that scene when I re-watch the episode.

But damn, the wait for next week's final episode is going to be long.