View Single Post
Old 2014-07-16, 02:33   Link #13
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Really? This movie doesn't seem the type to focus on humor at all. The only incidental humor I got was with the french police officer, when his gun was spontaneously ejecting its bullets. I've watched this preview three times now, where the hell is this kid she supposedly shoots.

Oh there is a different preview, yes she shoots some guy - man - standing near a cab - and not for comedy, where you got that from I have no idea. But considering the fact she just broke out of some criminal den (and shot those guys whom were sitting around a table who were also part of that group), it's probably not much of a stretch that those guys standing near the cars were probably part of that group as well, acting as 'transport'. Seems plausible to me, and I could see the situation playing out exactly the same with white villains. Hell I've seen that situation with all white characters in past movies. Speaking english is just a minor point to get the impression across that she is on a mission and won't take shit, she could easily of shot him for say not being fast enough or simply refusing to do what she said.

Having said that I doubt any hero/lead Hollywood tries to push on us, especially a female one (with a kid, to double up on the sympathy factor - and brownie points with any female audience), is going to gun down an 'innocent' person. Thats the way these movies are generally played, especially if they want an easy time to get past the review board. I won't deny completely that it could happen, but at that point I'd say she is running high on the drugs, adrenaline and new powers to give much of a shit about anything in her way.

TBH, you seem like you're looking to be offended for the sake of being offended. Reverse the situation, Asian guy gets jumped by some criminal syndicate in New York and forced to mule drugs and runs around killing whities... would you be upset about that? I wouldn't, I'd be cheering the guy on if its a good enough revenge story. I'm sure if I went looking (I won't because I simply don't care enough) I'd find movies depicting white villains vs non-white heros (Hell there is enough white v white floating around, you wouldn't be able to pick up a cat let alone swing it around).