View Single Post
Old 2008-07-06, 13:12   Link #201
Sakome

Thank you 4Tran for the chart and list. Though on the official web-site I saw that they do have their ranks listed and its based on the British Royal Airforce, I believe the ranks you listed are about the U.S Airforce equivalant though.

Yeager - Flight Lieutenant
Lucchini - Pilot Officer
Clostermann - Flying Officer
Bishop - Sergeant
Sakamoto - Major or Squadron Leader
Miyafuji - Sergeant
Wilcke - Wing Commander
Barkhorn - Flight Lieutenant
Hartmann - Flying Officer
Juutilainen - Pilot Officer
Litvyak (MiG-60) - Flying Officer

Something interesting to note is that Wing Commander actually outranks a Squadron Leader. Wilcke seemed to be in charge during that brief skirmish but Sakamato is definetely a capable officer herself.

I could be wrong on this but I believe the minimum rank for a Pilot is a Sergeant. Due to the experience, knowledge needed to fly as well as that pay equivalant. Another darker note is that they give them the rank of Sergeant due to if they were captured in enemy territory the enemy would treat them better, higher rank places more importance and information *or so the enemy thought*. During World War 2, they gave bombing/fighter pilot crews all the rank of sergeant when they found out the Germans treated Sergeants better.

I'm surprised Perrine is based on a French pilot. I thought from her clothes and her kind of Ojou personality it would have been British. I also think its funny that the American one has the biggest boobs .
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote