View Single Post
Old 2010-10-01, 14:17   Link #27334
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I hope the culprit gets the proper punishment for his crime.
Well, the only crime he's guilty of is invasion of privacy. He can't be held responsible for the other guy's suicide, or atleast I don't think he should.

I know this sounds harsh, but I'm pretty sure I've said this before: I have no sympathy for those who commit suicide. Killing yourself is the coward's way out. No matter how hard things are you can overcome them if you stay strong. In the end commiting suicide is a choice that a person makes, and no one else can be held responsible.

The real victims here are those left behind. They're the ones who have to live with it afterwards, something those who kill themselves often ignore.

RB's fic was really good at showing that. The pain, confusion and guilt about it all was displayed fantastically. It's Yuuno and the others you feel sympathy for, not Fate. Fate took her life just because things weren't working out for her and I refuse to feel sorry for her. She's the one at fault here because it was her choice to jump. Should Nanoha be held responsible because her rejecting Fate's feelings was the cause? No. Is she probably going to blame herself anyways? Definitely. She's the one who deserves the sympathy.

I know this is a touchy subject and my views will probably not sit well with some, but suicide just makes me angry.