View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 06:46   Link #275
TreacherousFox
As trustful as an armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One thing I'll definitely admit here is that my fanfic is pretty cheesy.

I love making references to other anime shows/characters that I'm fond of. And some characters I felt would fill useful roles in the story, so I sort of insert them into the story to the point it's a borderline crossover.

As much as I love yuri, I didn't want this to be pure romance. I also wanted it to have a fair deal of action. I felt that the Madoka/Sayaka romance needed some added action to "spice it up", hence the inclusion of a new villain and Sayaka's dad being very liberally based on Kotetsu from Tiger and Bunny.
I am okay with that. As long as it is done in moderation and with sense, cheesy stuff can be a lot better than something purely serious. I mean, look at Double Dragon Neon. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm curious, TreacherousFox, did you like the core Madoka/Sayaka romance itself?

There's a couple weaknesses to it looking back on it now, after thinking more deeply on how Madoka/Sayaka would most believably play out, but I'm still about 80 to 90% happy with that romance.
Well, the one pairing I like more than Kyoko x Sayaka is Madoka x Sayaka, so bear in mind that my opinion may not be as unbiased as you desire. However, since you ask me, I will say that I liked the core romance. Sure, there were a few moment were Madoka and Sayaka looked a bit OOC, but, well, I blamed that to hormones. The first love can make us act strange and stupid, after all. And despite those moments, I felt that most of their actions made sense in a way.

Sorry for the delay. It was time for me to go to bed when I read your post. XD