View Single Post
Old 2007-12-17, 10:02   Link #827
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmouth View Post
Last month I received a wonderful figure model which from a Chinese studio. They call it Garage Kit. Hmm, totally different from which I’ve kept before. I’ve never imaged the little girl can be so lively. Lovely eyes, smooth skin, even the small parts are very exquisite. Compare with those PVC dolls I bought, it is so realistic.
I'm wondering if your definition of a "garage kit" is different than mine. To me, a garage kit is an amateur-made kit - although these days, companies like Volks and B-Club do these also - of a figure, model, etc. that might need to be put together once it's bought. I've seen garage kits made of resin or PVC, and some of the kits have lots of little pieces. Many (most?) might need to be painted by the owner as well, but there can be well-made (and not so well-made) kits versus PVC figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmouth View Post
I like it so much and want to show it in my room. But the problem followed up. I dun have any experience of keeping such a “garage kit”. So, any suggestions about keeping, cleaning, or show case? And how is your option about the model?
Here’s the photo they send to me: ...
That is a very nice photo. It looks like the "Sunny Day" figure that was sold at the last winter's Wonder Festival (7,800 yen); I have a [very poor] photo of it on my mobile, but don't remember if it was a Chinese studio who made it.

Is it what you will be getting - all put together and painted? Or will you have to do the assembly and painting yourself? To protect it, I would keep it out of direct sunlight and in a showcase to keep dust off. I don't think that the figure was that big, but your image doesn't show its dimensions to make a good guess on the size of the case you will need.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2007-12-17 at 10:19.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote