View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 21:25   Link #162
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Just watched the first episode today and didn't expect much, but liked it much more than I thought I would

Haru is really hilarious. I think that he might be a savant, getting super grades without doing much for it and even after missing school for some time. Behaviourwise though, he's still very childish and naive.

Shizuku is just as anti-social as he is, but for a different reason, she's a study-a-holic.

I think what Haru said, while drastic, fit its purpose very well to outline Haru's mental state. He's got serious issues, and having him use such drastic terms underlined that very well.
犯す can indeed men "rape". Here's the full entry from Kiten:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiten
犯す おかす (v5s,vt) (1) to commit (e.g. crime); to perpetrate; (2) to transgress; to contravene; (3) to violate; to ravish; to rape; to deflower
I think his rough manner of speaking and such is just something he copied from the "friends" he used to hang around with before, which seem to be some nasty delinquents. Being as naive as he is, he probably tought nothing of it adapting their manner of speech and mannerisms, without having any ill intentions.

Anyway, Together, they make for a very interesting couple
I'm curious to see how this will develop.

Interesting tidbit: Read the Engrish that Shizuku wrote in her notebook when she was kidnapped by those thugs. Comedy gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notebook
Mizutani Shizuku is batting which does not enter usually
It was coming to the center.

"that me although I am Mizutani Is Mr Yoshida here?"
If it is right "Haru?" The look turned in order that
the man in char- acter (sic!) with an employee may show the
place of "Yoshida Haru" The man has rolled with a blunt
sound from the point. It has bled from the nose
Since there is likely to be no intention to rise, roll
somehow Seemingly, it has fainted as it is.

Also while looking at a man, there is nothing, and angry voice.
If *that* is the English of the girl who is the best in her year, I really don't want to see the English of those who are worse than her XD