View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 23:42   Link #1059
Velsy

I am up to Volume 10, chapter 2. And I sorta have some discussion I'd like to ask. It's been a bit to chew through.

This has been a bizzar chapter to read in many ways. For one, it seems the Gremory family is doing something behind Issies back (and yes I find Rias mother very annoying) and Rias just came out and asked Issie what he thinks she is to him. After responding how much he will protect them, he casually responded in "Bouchou is Bouchou" which I dont think is particually a wrong answer. But she just made a whole drama scene over it. The other option he could of said is Bouchou is my master and I am the servant, which is 100 % true and honest, but I doubt Rias would of taken that well. It seems like all Rias wanted to hear was some sweet talk. Sure it would make her happy, but I am not really one for scenes of lying.

So now we have this drama scene and what amazed me the most, was everyone turned on Issie and layed in the boot just like that. As if he was the criminal, they all badmouthed him. At most you could say it was both of there faults, but yet they blamed everything on Issie. Asia calls Issie horrible, Gasper called him very bad, Kiba makes a mocker out of him etc etc. Issie who was suppose to be the inspiration of the team was abandoned just like that. Noone stood beside him. Ravel was the only one who didn't jump on the Banwaggon. She more or less paniced thinking she caused it. Mind you, I gained even more love points on Ravel from that response. I look forward to seeing more of her.

So while Issie is left alone playing mindgames with himself on what just happened. Akeno, Asia and Koneko show up to make up (but without directly apologizing). We get a cute scene where the girls surround him which is kinda cool, but then Asia tells him that she would never speak ill will of him.... wah? but she just did! I just read it a few paragraths above!. She didn't tell him what he did was wrong... she told him he was horrible!. I really had questioned myself if I misjudged Asia. Towards the end he reveals that he still has some trauma left from his death by his first and only girlfriend, the fallen angel Raynare who also made a mockery of his date plan he spend so much time planning. I had noticed that at the time but had forgot thinking about it over the last few volumes.

So they sorta made up, he even thanked Xenovia and Irina who weren't even there most of the time which was kinda wierd, but whatever. It ends with him declaring he will express his true feelings to Rias after the match with Sairaorg. Which brings me to my final part of this post.

Issies says his dream is to become a harem king and participate in the rating game as a king. But on the other hand, he goes on about how much he loves Rias and about becoming something similar to what Grayfia and Seirchs are. But the thing is.... he cant have both. If he marries Rias and becomes offically part the the Gremory family like her parents want. He then becomes bound and one with Rias. It's loyality to one woman, he can kiss his harem goodbye. He has to give his love to one woman only if that happens. If he takes the harem path than he can spread it amungst his harem and others.

So this confession after the upcoming match, I only see two to three options for him. One, He tells Rias he loves her and he wants to become one with her. Which is practicually tieing the knott. Two, he tells her he loves her but wants to continue on his path to be a harem king. Thirdly he doesnt really say anything at all, and they continue as it is O_o I think he will take option two, I believe hes worthy of a harem and I actually do look forward to the harem he creates, which is probably way off for now. Ddriag has told him that his power attracts other powers and draws many people of the oppitsite sex. I already think Ravel will become part of it, and I see Kunou as a potential queen for him, after she matures a bit that is, being a high mythical Youkia. Well hes probably already given the answer by now, it would be good to know if I am on the right track of thinking or not.

Its been a bit of a long post this, if anyone has the time to respond, I'd listen/read it still of course ^_^. This is how I've seen things through and understand, so ima little curious on other perspectives.