View Single Post
Old 2006-07-02, 19:39   Link #192
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Though the long lead time before the release of this OST may have had something to do with them not wanting to release 'spoilerish' music onto the market before it aired on television - depends on who was actually in control of the release dates. Also, if composition was ongoing during the entire show, then the music might not even have been finished back in April/May. True, this would be an odd way in which to do the show - but it depends, again, on who was in control of the music. If Kenji Kawai had a fair bit of creative control, or a fair amount of license in what he was composing, he might have used that license to take as long as he could to refine some tracks - for instance, La Sola, or Eiyuu Ou, being tracks used only towards the end of the show.

I personally wouldn't bet on a second OST, as there really isn't much missing from this first one; but as I said before, I can probably see a Best Of or a Remixes OST coming at some point. Sad thought it is, I kinda hope it does happen. :S

-Andiyar