View Single Post
Old 2008-09-06, 03:53   Link #1458
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Bismark also said the meaning of politics would change, and he wasn't being all that clear about what would happen. He was practically mocking him.

Charles and Marianne, however, were quite explicit on what they planned to do. They were going to kill God, that which divides humans into individuals, thereby removing the ability of anyone, anywhere, to possibly lie. Marianne also clearly states that all the scattered people will become one, with both each other and those who have passed on. Hell, even Lelouch recognizes that life would become pointless because the world would become complete, a solitary place where past and future have no meaning. It is a world only kind to oneself, because there is only one person, the unified will that is leftover after God is gone.

All you're doing is trying to dilute the meaning of what they said, and it's not going to work. What they planned amounts to nothing less than wiping out individuality, because any individuality would mean the ability to lie and hide aspects of onself remains.
Obviously we differ on interpretation but I provided evidence to back up my statement. But morbofist you can't counter my point by using the "They said this. I'm right you're wrong. Ok? Done." argument. At least explain to me why we would need Shniezel as a leader if we don't have individual free will?
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote