View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 20:29   Link #199
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Wasn't there a post saying Isin doesn't like that his characters are portrayed in very sexual manner?
Pretty doubtful, dude. Nishio's the one who wrote most of this fanservice in the very first place; it's not SHAFT that's responsible for this series having heavy fanservice elements (though it would be SHAFT that's responsible for it being adapted with such high quality, . Nishio x SHAFT is a pretty godly combination, I don't think this can be overstated, lol.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I dunno... a lot of oppressive governments have used that excuse before.

"We're taking you in for your own protection"... and they never appear again.

Arararagi might just be doomed to a desolate, yet very sexy fate of never being seen again.
I don't think even this is necessarily accurate though. Yes, Hitagi chained Araragi up, but I don't think she'll be keeping him chained up against his will. Like I said, all of this S&M stuff is mostly play, and I think that Senjougahara is playing in this sort of situation is her asking Araragi to trust her, or at least hear her (that she feels like he needs to be protected). I mean, I pretty much doubt that Hitagi would actually think this stuff is okay if she were serious. However much she might tease Koyomi, she knows he's not that much of a perverted masochist.

The point is that Hitagi and Araragi are capable of communicating and listening to each other. That Araragi is currently chained to a desk is immaterial; there's no way Hitagi would actually keep him locked up there indefinitely. Similarly, I think that Araragi is capable of understanding and learning from Senjougahara's concerns about him. So the reason he's not fighting back right now is because he doesn't need to.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote