View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 00:38   Link #182
Zeriand
Banned

From the look of this boss, I suppose that the mastermind behind this was expecting that more Unique Skill users to show up. It's starting to get incredibly obvious that if you're not one of the chosen ones, you don't even stand a chance against like, any of the bosses at this point. I don't think even a 10 level advantage is good enough for any tanks to stand in front of that monster and fight properly.

Which probably comes right back to the theme: Sword Arts. The tanks can't really tank with just 'best defense equip, tonnes of HP and buffs' (which is actually bread and butter in MMORPG but putting that aside), and they will be forced to play smart. They'll have to radically change their tanking strats and take at most glancing blows from the boss. Attackers must have at least some level of evasive skills so they can get in, deal damage, and get out with little damage. Fights are going to a heck load more taxing and long because they could not longer DIVE THAT S*** WHILE WE KEEP EM BUSY. Bosses are starting to look like REAL BOSSES because THAT'S what a skeleton fish monster of that size and mass can do to a real body when it attacks at full strength. It'll crush them into smithereens.

I know some of you are complaining that the game is unfair, but I personally think that this is the fairest thing ever done in SAO. The bosses are not underpowered like those in MMORPG where they act stupidly, slowly, pitifully predictable and SOMETIMES deal 1 hit KO. No, when they mean to crush, they crush you like a monster would do to a puny human with some armor. They obliterate. man, this sure as hell is satisfying to watch; a true death game.

And considering that the players had 80 levels of free use of crystals and safe escape passage, I'll consider this handicap now quite appropriate.
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote