View Single Post
Old 2012-12-14, 16:47   Link #324
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
In my opinion -- Military Grade is anything used and designed specifically for the military.

For example: Hummers

The military version is the Humvee. Civilians get Hummers. While both are capable of off-roading, the Humvee is more robust, as it is not primarily driven on the roads.
Then you'd have to pretty much outlaw every single piece of guns and knife. Again, there really isn't such a thing as military grade in this context that doesn't quite literally cover everything.

Small arms technology have remained relatively static for more than half a century, in some cases even longer. There are incremental advancements in some areas, but ultimately they haven't changed much.

And yes, the HUMVEE is primarily driven on road We don't usually take them "off roading", nor is it all that "robust". Besides, the Hummers of today have zero connection with actual HUMVEE outside of the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
.....You cannot be serious. A Barrett 50 calibre Sniper Rifle isn't military grade? Really?
Perhaps it's a matter of perspective. From what I stand, "military grade" for small arms is a misnomer used by civilians. You'll never hear people in the military referring to this or that firearm as "military grade", it's simply not a real standard.

And yes, .50 rifles are used for recreation, at least for those rich enough as both rifles and ammo are very expensive. As far as worrying over mass shooting goes, the .50 rifle would be an extremely poor choice due to portability issues.

Quote:
Nice spin. You would make a good Politician.
nice ad hominem. I called you out on your incorrect use of words, and all you can come up with is personal attacks

Quote:
Then how about you take those hundreds of billions of dollars the Military is overpaid with which you didn't have an argument worth shit to respond to me with and insentivise the job of Policing better?
more personal attacks, you're really demonstrating your abundance of intelligence

I'm beginning to think you can't really debate the issue without using red herrings and strawman arguments. The US military budget is a completely different issue, not to mention in the US police budget comes from the state and local level, not federal.

Get your facts in order before spouting off crap.

Quote:
And remind me again why the bad guys have guns in the first place.
They've never NOT have guns, go brush up on your American History 101.

Quote:
Don't start with the semantics, you'll do yourself a disservice. It's called a Democracy and the people will decide. America has never had the chance as of yet because no Politican has had the balls to go up against the Red States who are gun crazy.
Ironically, you're more similar to those you're bashing than you know, both you and the conservatives you're bashing thinks it's democracy only when the result is what you want

"IT'S DEMOCRACY, THE PEOPLE WILL DECIDE!!!!! EXCEPT FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT DISAGREES WITH ME, THEY DON'T COUNT!!!"

Last edited by kyp275; 2012-12-14 at 17:06.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote