Old 2013-02-07, 06:08   Link #11962
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
See.
No matter how many times Nisio has his characters call Medaka a "monster", she never will be. She's just an excessively, annoyingly, entirely good person. Medaka's actions this chapter don't even remotely qualify as "monstrous". She is doing exactly what any remotely heroic character would do; if Zenkichi was in a situation like this and kept refusing to give up, the story would be treating him like the hero he would be.
Maybe the message here is that these heroes are monsters?
After all, what he's describing here doesn't solely describe Medaka, the same could be said about pretty much all shonen heroes. To what extent would the end justify the means?
I think what you fail to understand is that, logically speaking, these "heroic actions" are more greedy than anything else. Thus why the two were having an extensive conversation
about it. Kotobuki and Yuzuriha were actually sympathizing with Iihiko, because although it's being labeled as "heroic", her actions so far have seemed to cause more harm than good.
My guess is that they're just trying to define what being a "hero" means. While you easily classified it as anything "any remotely heroic character would do", maybe what Nisio is trying to
do is make you question what heroism actually is. It seems like they're pitting two differing philosophies here, kinda curious what answer they come up with that's pro-medaka.

Though I will question why Zenkichi matters so much to you folks at this point. If you've been following the
story up until now, his story arc is pretty much been sidelined. To expect anything more seems silly as there's no conceivable reason that Zenkichi would suddenly become more important in this fight, so I would hope people would just give up in bringing it up time after time. This fight isn't about Zenkichi, it doesn't seem to be that much about Shiranui either, but it's becoming more geared toward Iihiko.
I also find it interesting or well, amusing to say that least, that Nisio is trying to characterize Iihiko after all this time. He's certainly being more emotive than usual.
Though it is an interesting viewpoint. To him, Medaka is a monster, when he himself almost literally looks like a monster. Kinda funny in a way.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2013-02-07 at 06:22.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote