Thread: Aion Online
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-08, 08:35   Link #291
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
I guess my journey's over for now. It's been weeks since I last had the urge to play.
I'm stuck at Level 34, which is a shame since I've had quite a bit of luck. On my last session my daevanion gloves dropped while questing in the Abyss, and I got Kromede's Serated Knife on my first FT run (which is ridiculously lucky) but still it seems I just can't motivate myself to play.

The grind is everywhere. I hear it really starts at 37/38 but I've already had to grind several bubbles each level after 30 or so. The clunky melee combat (Sin here) certainly doesn't help.
The strange part is I don't really hate grinding. I played a grinder for two years, and grinding mobs was all you could do. There were no quests. But at least you could literally plow through mobs for hours with no downtime since you had a near endless amount of potions without cooldown thus the grind was bearable. Hell, as a Hunter in WoW you didn't even need potions!

In Aion I'm resting after every third mob or so and I lack the Kinah to buy a good amount of (horribly overpriced) potions. Guess I'm just not used to downtimes.

I hope the XP patch fixes the leveling issues in the 30-50 regions, though that's probably still many months away and even then I'm not sure if I'll play again, I hear and read the endgame is nonexistent.
You got a Kromede's Serated Knife and you can't be motivated enough to get to 35? I bet many assassin will still use it even by the time they hit 50 (as off hand perhaps)

My guess is: you played exp grinding game so much that you expected the same from Aion... I personally like items from quest, so the grinding actually did not kick in after 43 or 44 (well for your case, if you have the same set of mind, you probably won't have to grind for exp until 50..... lucky assassin).

From 34 onward, you have Kaidan HQ to farm Kaidan molar (for selling or exchange for your blue armour set, include the speed boot). Can continue like that up to 41 if you want the whole amour set or switch to Lepharis Citadel at 37 to farm for the near-end-game assessory ( 90% of lvl 50 populations till use them by my guess...). When you are high enough (around 43) you can start to join SteelRake party for all the set items from there.

As assassin with such early advantage ( Kromede's Serated Knife), you are much easier to get into a group than us gladiator because the damn templar (often the group leader) don't want us (they have to share items with us)

PS: and all the quests now give huge boost into exp as well...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-12-08 at 08:53.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote