View Single Post
Old 2012-02-11, 12:55   Link #187
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I remember that one. The gag strips are a good way to slip in extra information without wasting actual story "air time".

She's always been the Queen, and I don't think that will change. It's not like she's evil in the future, but she does choose PANDRA over BABEL in that timeline. In this timeline, it looks like both groups are slowly integrating, so that choice may not be needed. Still, we're missing a few key parts of that future, namely what happened between "past" Kaoru finding out about Black Phantom's plans and her joining Hyoubu while leaving everyone at BABEL (including Shiho and Aoi) behind. We know why she left, but we don't know how she ended up creating the distrust that Miyamoto, Shiho, and Aoi displayed in the "flashbacks/visions" we've seen.

Also of note is that the version of events Feather showed Miyamoto had Fujiko working with Shiho to defeat Black Phantom, and it is clear that this is right around the time Kaoru and Miyamoto were facing off on the roof of the skyscraper. Fujiko is supposed to be the leader of BABEL, but noticeably missing in all of the visions is......BABEL. This can be explained as "BABEL was busy somewhere else", but it could also mean something like "BABEL no longer exists".
I'm not so sure Shiho and Aoi were left behind. Remember that Feather has the consciousness of all three via psycho burst link. Maybe Kaoru was the first of the three to catch on and leave BABEL, but by the end, all three of them are on the same page.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote