View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 16:38   Link #2030
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Samurai View Post
I claimed he was trying to stop Kallen from reaching Lelouch and trying to fake his death at the same time, not lose. He didn't lose even in the false case that he was trying to win, because both their mechs got disabled and both would have "died" if not for Tristan. The fact Suzaku didn't exert himself to the same degree Kallen did (falling unconscious) is evidence enough that he wasn't giving it his all. He simply had to stop her and survive in such a manner that his death was faked. Without the Live On command, he wouldn't have been able to match up against the superior Guren. And you're just trying to simplify it by saying she won because of the conditions of their KMFs.
Suzaku wasn't trying to fake his death, that was never part of the plan. Both fought to win; Suzaku was aiming to defeat Kallen, Kallen was aiming to defeat Suzaku. And technically, that's the entire point of what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to attach the overall plot points to their battle. I am talking about their battles in the mechs, AND NOTHING ELSE. And in that regard, Kallen won.