View Single Post
Old 2011-03-03, 15:26   Link #45
willag

In regards to what was revealed in episode 9.

Spoiler for ...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Well... I dont give a damn even if it's a necessary evil. History proves time and again how the necessary evil are just evil, plain and simple. As recent as 20th century (and even now), people believed that war over resources is a necessary evil. Oil, minerals, metals, you name it. But breakthroughs in science render many of those conflicts unnecessary. Clean energy replaces fuel. Resilient, carefully gene-engineered crops can be planted in harsh lands. New medicines save those who otherwise would have opted for euthanasia. So I dont believe that girls must be sacrificed for the universe's continuing existence. If anything, the mechanism of the universe must be analyzed so that a win-win solution can be obtained; instead of listening to some dubious creepy little fucker who has been caught by tails again and again.
How do you think we got those medicines? Do you understand what kind of testing needs to be done to determine the safety of these medicines? I'm in the medical device industry, and I can tell you now that it is not solely in vitro. Progress is always built upon sacrifices. To get to the point where we can genetically engineer crops or use clean energy, we've had to go through centuries of development. It's been a long experience of trial-and-error.
willag is offline   Reply With Quote