View Single Post
Old 2013-03-12, 20:17   Link #3702
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Honestly the author is being very unclear about Tatsuya against the top fighters in mahouka. When Tatsuya said that Yanagi showed that being a guardian isn't all that he was most likely talking about the events 3 years prior to the current timeline, as for fighting his master I have no idea but there is a chance that he was only talking about losing to him in a practice battle and/or in martial arts.
I mean it won't make ANY sense for him to lose to at least Yanagi right now, he just beat Lina who is supposedly the strongest magician in the USNA and his powers were actually half sealed so yeah.
Also there is something that you have to keep in mind when thinking about Tatsuya's ability which is versality, Kazama, Yanagi and Yakumo are all powerful magicians and fighters but they're always being in situations of close range anti-personnel combat where they excel, on the other hand Tatsuya is practically omnipotent, he can fight people in close combat, mid-range, long range, over the horizon, he can blow up cities, he can fight tanks and armored stuff head on which Yanagi had a lot of difficulity to do seeing how his magic deoesn't really destroy them, and in a group battle Tatsuya makes his allies semi-invincible by regenerating them infinitely.
And if we were to just look at the characters abilities on paper without taking in consideration anything besides that I honestly can't see any of the 3 being able to fight him and win when he's at full power(Like i said, this is only on paper so i have no idea what the author would do), when he used Mist Dispersion and Cardinal George saw it and mistoke it for Molecular Divider which I think isn't as good as Mist Dispersion he was shocked and everyone around him was which means it's an amazing ability so Mist Dispersion is even more amazing, and when he used Regrowth to heal his friend everyone thought it's a high class magic of the highest level and all, now Tatsuya actually has Mist Dispersion+Gram Dispersion+Regrowth to use in batle which are all magic of the highest caliber combined with another classified ability in Elemental Sight, his abilities in combat magic are clearly at the peak of what is possible and it was already said that in ninjutsu/martial arts he surpassed Yakumo in skills he just needs more experience in that area so if you combine the two for him to lose to fighters who are just a bit higher on him when it comes to ninjutsu/martial arts but he more than compensates for it in magic(if their magic prowess is considered equal to his then i have no idea what the point behind calling his abilities classified and all) then something is wrong.
Mahouka isn't a battle light novel. While that is part of the story it isn't everything, sometimes is like asking who would win in a fight between a person with a gun or machine gun you can speculate all you want but at the end of the day is the one that is alive that won the fight.