View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 23:35   Link #11460
Chandela
Straight Chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
Totally looks like a messy windows 7 desktop who don't care to clean the icons.Please do so if you have some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
If i really need more icon,i could just pin them on the taskbar,starting from windows 7.That why i love them.

Well,it is just my 2cent for the desktop,and there are good reason to clean up the desktop icon,at least to 1~5 icon on desktop:
-Lesser time to load the desktop
-More space for the wallpaper
-If you launch a windows program(or apps in those days) you won't see the wallpaper anyway,so why don't you make it better?

Around 10 icon with useful program are fine,but over 20 icon with leftover file isn't quite a good thing to have even it make thing simple to get.Leave those stuff in your folder please.
I don't really see why it matters to you if somebody has icons on their desktop. As long as it's convenient for him that's all that matters in the end. Especially considering that it's his desktop and not yours.
As for your 'points' the only one that makes sense to me is the first one. Less time to load your desktop is definitely a benefit but even then is it a huge one? Well that depends on the individual.
He doesn't really need more space for his wallpaper considering how it is in the center of his screen. The icons don't disrupt the image in anyway so I don't see the point in this statement.
Personally I find your last post slightly humorous. If you aren't going to see your desktop anyway when you load a program or page why do the icons matter? The wallpaper and icons will be hidden from sight so is there a point in organizing them to begin with other then the users personal preference?

Let the person have their desktop however they want. It doesn't affect you so I don't see why it really matters in the end. Just my two cents.