View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 08:41   Link #522
Utsuro no Hako

So next week is The Black Swordsman. On the plus side, it should be easy to fit the whole plot in a single episode, but on the other hand it's a pretty fillerish story which might annoy the anime-only viewers who are already complaining about the lack of plot development.

After that, there are three possibilities:

A) Murder Case. Of all the side stories, I can't see how they could fit this into one episode -- it's almost as long as Aria, but whereas Aria had a major subplot and lots of character development that could be cut without affecting the main story, Murder Case is all plot. Plus, if they do the story they really need to follow it up with anime-original material about the crusade against the Laughing Coffins, otherwise it'll seem like a dropped plot thread, especially when Cradil shows up. I think it might be better to just drop the whole LC idea.

B) Warmth of the Heart. I suppose that since they showed Kirito with different swords in RNR, they could do this story without giving away the Dual Swords reveal, but I'm not sold on having the episode so early.

C) SAO main story. Probably the best approach given how much people are clamoring for the main plot to start moving forward. The 74th Floor Boss Fight should revitalize interest in the show, especially if they go all out with the animation.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote