Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-19, 04:47   Link #6603
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Pope to sign letter on Irish paedophile priests

Quote:
Pope Benedict has written a pastoral letter to the Catholics of Ireland with guidelines on preventing and punishing sexual abuse of children by priests.

Scandals involving Roman Catholic priests have been reported recently from a number of countries, including the Pope's native Germany.

It is unknown if the letter, to be read at Sunday Mass, includes an apology.

The Vatican recently denounced attempts to link the Pope to a child abuse scandal in Germany.

In recent months paedophile scandals have also rocked the Church in the Netherlands, Austria and Switzerland.

The BBC's David Willey in Rome says that by implication, the measures decided by the Pope will have a much wider application than Ireland alone.

Full story in the link above
I hope that letter will include an apology. An apology for not only the sex scandal that's cropped up recently, but also for all the shameless acts committed by priests around the world in history. But my hopes that this will realistically happen are very low, considering their past. A few days ago, one of the bishops in the vatican also had an interview with CNN blaming the scandal on the "temptation of the devil." I really don't like how these religious hypocrites have such a convenient scapegoat to make their confederates look good and avert the blame from them. When you commit such an act, there is nobody to blame but yourself. What makes me even more angry is that if it was anyone else outside of the vatican, these bishops would blame the pedophiles as they would anyone else, but when it comes to their own people, they're really quick to rely on supernatural arguments that have little to no application in the real world. Considering the vatican's history of censorship and propaganda, I have little trust and plenty of disgust for them.