View Single Post
Old 2012-10-22, 15:36   Link #83
Maerskian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

That was one of the aspects of that show that I did not appreciate either. While Minamo grew on me a bit, I never really liked her and wished there had been an adult protagonist instead. Not too many episodes reached the level of nine and ten.
Well ... i'd say there's a big contrast among the characters used on this show ... and i'd swear the female ones could 've been easily extracted from many hentai/doujin titles.

Quote:
Somehow Chihayafuru never surfaced in this thread. It's another game-based show like Hikaru no Go and like Hikaru kept my attention throughout. I had stopped watching Chihayafuru after episode one when it was first released because it seemed too "girly" for me. (I watch lots of shows with female protagonists but generally not ones that target adolescent girls.) After many friends here recommended I give it another try, I quickly put aside my stylistic issues and thoroughly enjoyed the show. I watched all 25 episodes in a couple of sittings and am looking forward to the sequel early next year.
Nice point , just added it to the list.
Had a hard time giving a chance to Hikaru no Go back in the days... next thing i know... 've been playing Go for a while LOL ... in fact i still have a decent & affordable Go board on my wish list, but still can't find any convicing enough

The art on this one made me back up initially... but your comment here is quite encouraging; thanks !

Quote:
It looks like Ikoku Meiro no Croisee fell through the cracks. It is a slice-of-life comedy set in late 19th century Paris. A Japanese girl of sixteen travels to France to work as a shop girl for an ironmonger. It has some lovely artwork by Satelight's team of French illustrators, and the main character, Yune, is a strong contender for cutest anime girl of 2011 despite having Usagi Drop's Rin as a competitor for that title.
And another one to my list , thanks again !

Quote:
Speaking of Satelight and its crew of French animators, I'll unabashedly suggest another of their shows, AKB0048, which despite its focus on idol singers is a fun watch. Since you've seen Oh! Edo Rocket, you'll recognize the premise, a ban on entertainment like the Tenpou Reforms. In AKB0048 the far-future successors to today's AKB48 idol group stage guerrilla concerts to challenge the government oppressors. Here's one such concert shown early in episode one. The four girls watching the concert become the main protagonists after a four-year time skip.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
hmmm... it's hard for me to say these type of things, but truth is that there's certain subjects i find on the opposite side of my interests .... and everything related with J/K/Pop , Idols, rock bands, etc... is included.

Tried to let it go several times, but it's not my type... on shows like Key the metal Idol or Perfect Blue, the slightest shadow linked to those worlds bored me to death .

Not that i disrespect it... but it simply isn't my cup of tea...
Maerskian is offline   Reply With Quote