View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 09:01   Link #967
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I sent you a pm with more complicated stuff.
(uh, wait why did I send it though pm? <_< ah well...)
I know this is over a year later, but can it be posted publicly for wider discussion? I still have the comments if you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Here are my ideas then
As replied to you earlier, it would be good if we can completely remove the need for moderator involvement in the long-term.

Something along the lines of what you propose sounds fine, but it would be good if the group could form itself and not need a moderator for anything more than awarding prizes at an appointed time, for which Kairin is aptly suited.

The group taking on the responsibility of the contest "organisers" could decided among themselves who will do what? Maybe members could take turns, from those playing the contest. Changing out one member every 10 riddles? If required a moderator could adjudicate membership of that group, but again the less involvement required long-term the more likely the contest is to run and run. I would prefer interest in the contest grew organically, as it means much less work on my part .

Keeping the reward structure the same is fine, but could be altered to directly reward those guessing riddles; possibly a prize each time someone gets to x riddles correct or something like that, in which case the contest could go on indefinitely and would suffer less from the problems felix pointed out in the aforementioned PM that you can't see yet (namely "I think it's a bad idea if you show results; it discourages people").
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote